||MYOMETHOL (Methocarbamol 500mg)
Product Code: MYOM01
Made in: Thái Lan
Methocarbamol: inhibits muscle spasm, relieve pain, gives synergic effect when using with other analgesic drugs such as NSAIDs
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Methocarbamol inhibits central nervous system result in muscle relaxing
Treats acute pain associated with muscle spasm
Gives instant and powerful effect
Safe, can be administered for 6 months
Gives synergic effects when using with other analgesic drugs such as NSAIDs
Not be classifed into toxic drugs or addictive drugs
READ THE LEAFLET CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN
VISA NO.: VN – 6164 – 02
MYOMETHOL (Methocarbamol) exerts a prolonged relaxing effect on skeletal muscles by depressing multisynaptic pathways. Therapeutically, MYOMETHOL is an effective muscle relaxant which has been found to provide pronounced relief of acute pain and muscle spasm. The clinical advantages associated with MYOMETHOL include potent and long-acting effectiveness, relatively free of side-effects. It does not reduce normal muscle strength or reflex-activity in current dosage.
COMPOSITION Each tablet contains,
Corn starch, Povidone K30, Tartrazine, Talcum, Magnesium stearate, Sodium starch glycolate.
Yellow, convex faces, round shape, compress tablet.
Acute back pain associated with muscle spasm, skeletal muscle spasm due to hernated disks, fractured bones or dislocated joints, muscle spasms due to nerve irritation or trauma, post operative orthopedic procedures, bursitis fibrositis, torticollis; effective also in treatment of spondylitis, myositis and night time leg cramps.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Orally, 2 – 6 g daily in 4 divided doses. It is suggested to start for adults with 2 tablets , every 6 hours. The dosage must be adjusted according to the age, the severity and the tolerance of the drug. In severe cases MYOMETHOL should be taken for 4-6 months.
1. Patients should be warned that methocarbamol may impair their ability to perform hazardous activities requiring mental alertness or physical coordination such as operating machinery or driving.
2. Patients with a previous hypersensitivity reaction to the drug.
No serious and only very few unpleasant side-effects of this drug have been observed, there are drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, metallic taste, anorexia and GI upset. Allergic reactions such as urticaria, pruritus, skin eruption and conjunctivitis with nasal congestion may occur.
Immediately inform your physician of the side-effects, if any
1. Safety and efficacy of methocarbamol (other than in the management of tetanus) in children younger than 12 years of age have been established, therefore, the drug should not be administered to children in this age group.
2. Since it is not known if methocarbamol is distributed into milk, the drug should be used with caution in nursing women.
1. Additive CNS depression may occur when methocarbamol is administered concomitantly with other CNS depressants, including alcohol, so caution should be used to avoid overdosage.
2. Methocarbamol should be used with caution in patients with myasthenia gravis receiving anticholinesterase agents.
SPECIFICATION Manufacturer standard.
SHELF-LIFE 5 years from manufacturing date.
Do not use the medicine after the expiry date indicated in the package. If the color of the medicine changes or it makes a strange smell, do not use it any more.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
10 tablets/ Al foil strip; 100 tablets/box.
Well-closed containers, protect from light, at a room temperature (300C - 20C)
<< detail >>
109 Mu12 Bangna Trat Road km.13
Bangplee Samutprakan 10540 - Thailand
Tel: (662) 3169419-21